“Have you created a life for yourself where you’re free to experience all your darkest fantasies? I have. I am crazy. But I am free.” – Lana Del Rey
Not long ago, I had a bit of a revelation in my life, and now it’s time to reconnect with my inner self I once knew. What does that mean though, and how do I accomplish this? Simple – by being as crazy as I want to be.
What a lot of us don’t realize, is that we are the ones who control our lives, not anyone else. And if someone tries to take that power away from you, then it’s time to do some thinking as to whether you should be allowing that person to be in your life. I am sick of hearing people say, “life happened” when what really happened is that you gave up. You let this happen, and now you have to deal with the consequences.
So, that being said, I’ve put together a small list of reasons why I’m proud to be called crazy. I hope you can relate to some of these.
- Being crazy is who I am. Don’t like it? Leave.
- I get to have as much fun as I want.
- I don’t care about what people say/think about me.
- I get to talk to my cat and tell him how proud I am that he bet up the neighbor’s cat that tried to take his food.
- I’m crazy enough to choose to be happy.
- I can walk away from a high paying job, just because I knew it wouldn’t make me happy.
- I get to choose who I have relationships with – NOT the other way around.
- I don’t care about how much money I have.
- I couldn’t care less about being successful.
- I do however care about how much love I give to this world.
I’m done being the one who fails to surrender to the opportunities life throws at me. I am now choosing to fill my life with the experiences that make me the happiest and bring me the most joy. I couldn’t care less if anyone tells me otherwise.
And if all of that makes me crazy? Then I want to be crazy.
“That is the key of this collection, being yourself. Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way to live” – Gianni Versace.
Adam Butchart, qualified and crazy journalist.